"Don't blink, life goes faster than you think." --Kenny Chesney
I think of any age group, we are told the most how fast time goes and how we're going to miss what we have at the moment. I don't know about any of you, but I heard "Senior year goes by so fast" about eight hundred times last year. At the time, I took it as a grain of salt because as far as I was concerned, college was going to be the time of my life and high school was worthless. Looking back, there are tons of things that I do miss about high school, but don't get me wrong, college is great. With that said, here is a list of things I will make sure I do before my time here at Iowa State is gone in order to make unforgettable memories!
The Iowa State Bucket List
-Take a picture with Cy
-Lose my voice at Jack Trice and Hilton
-Participate in intramurals
-Eat a Superdog
-Get kissed under the Campanile
-VEISHEA
-Pull an all-nighter
-Graduate
Alright, so the first couple of things are something all ISU students will do at some point, but they're a little difficult for me because I am a born and raised, proud Hawkeye fan and Cy creeps me out! I have yet to go to Jack Trice for a game so this weekend's game will be my first time and I will be wearing cardinal and gold, the forbidden colors of my past. I can only hope that I will be at a game like last year's Oklahoma State upset where I get to rush the field and feel like a true Cyclone.
The next few are all fun stuff. I played sports all throughout high school, so naturally I want to continue to compete and make new friends through intramurals. It wouldn't hurt if I got a coveted champion t-shirt to show off around campus, too. Normally, I would say no to all hot dogs offered, but all of my friends that grew up around here told me that I have to a Superdog so I guess I'll have to trust them so I can say I've had one. Getting kissed under the Campanile at midnight is something that I'm sure every Iowa State girl will have on their Bucket List because like they say, you're not a true Iowa Stater until you've done it, plus it's really romantic! Finally, I want to experience VEISHEA. At this point, I have no idea what it is except for a huge party, but I have heard there are a ton of things to do that week so I'm excited to find out what they all are.
My last two have to do with why I'm here, school. Pulling an all-nighter doesn't sound at all fun to me, but the idea of pulling a necessary all-nighter to get an A on an exam sounds fine. I'm sure an all-nighter will be easy to accomplish because I've already noticed the homework and studying piles up fast. Of course, most importantly, I want to graduate from Iowa State with a Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics in four years. I want to leave this place with a huge amount of new friends, contacts, and an all important dietetic internship so I can continue on into my career path of being a registered dietitian.
As we all know, after college is the daunting "real world", where we have to get jobs and officially be on our own. Being a girl who loves her independence, this excites me a lot more than it scares me. There is so much to do, but we seemingly have so little time when you factor in your job, family, and other commitments. With that said, there are a few things I want to make sure I squeeze in wherever possible.
The Life Bucket List
-Travel
-Go to the Olympics
-Meet someone famous
-Attend a major sporting event
-Fall in love and have a family
-Love my career
-Be happy and make a difference
Starting off my list is the fun stuff. I've always loved traveling, but I've only been to other states, never out of the country. Another fun fact: I've never been on an airplane! Of all places, I want to go to London. I think it's a beautiful city and I'm obsessed with the royal family. Recently, I was hit with Olympic fever so I would love to see some of those events and maybe meet someone famous there. Or I could meet them at a major sporting event, whether it's a Super Bowl where I'm cheering on my favorite team, the New Orleans Saints, or some kind of NCAA championship, hopefully for the Hawkeyes! I apologize to all you true Cyclones out there, but once a Hawkeye, always a Hawkeye!
My last things on my list are more serious. First, I want to fall in love and have a family. I grew up in a big family, three brothers and sisters and about fifty cousins, so I want about four kids. I also want to love my career. Right now, that would be as a dietitian, but a stay-at-home mom wouldn't be bad either! If it's not either of those, I just want to end up somewhere where I am happy and do not dread going to work everyday. It would also be a bonus if I was in a career where I can make a difference in at least one person's life.
Most importantly, in college and for the rest of my life, I want to love my life and live every day like it is my last because some people aren't able to do all things I can. I'm sure I will be crossing off things on these lists and adding some too, but I just want to be able to look back on my life and know time was not wasted!
I like how you want to join the intramurals. They are very thrill seeking adventures to have on your bucket list.
ReplyDeleteI also intend to be part of numerous intramural teams. I would say that my life long goals kind of agree with yours in that I don't know exactly how I want the entirety of my life to play out but in the end I want to be able to say that I had a happy and fulfilling life.
ReplyDeleteI like how you went to lose your voice at Jack Trice! I can really relate to the not wanting to pull an all-nighter, but its pretty inevitable. As for the traveling and meeting someone famous, those are things that could go on my bucket list, also.
ReplyDelete